Gwen Collins-Greenup is a public servant, minister, entrepreneur, wife, mother and lifelong resident of Louisiana. A native of East Feliciana Parish, she currently resides in Clinton with her husband Tarries where they enjoy volunteering with organizations that focus on youth development, mentoring and empowerment.
Gwen attended East Feliciana Parish Public Schools, and holds Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degrees in Accounting from Liberty University and a Master of Divinity in Professional Ministries from Liberty University Baptist Theological Seminary. She also earned a Juris Doctorate, cum laude, from Southern University Law Center, where she was a student attorney in the Low Income Taxpayers' Clinic. Her passion for advocacy and helping individuals, families, and businesses achieve financial success led her to pursue the next-level in law at Villanova University School of Law where she is a candidate for a Master of Laws in Taxation.
Prior to attending law school, Gwen was a Louisiana licensed notary public and title insurance producer, owned several small businesses, maintained a real estate title abstracting and closing practice, and worked at a tax preparation firm. Her experience in government includes serving as a legal secretary with Louisiana Department of Labor, a deputy clerk of court with East Feliciana Parish Clerk of Court, and Director of Criminal/Traffic Division with Baton Rouge City Court.
Building on her government, business, and legal background, Gwen continues to pursue her passion for public service by offering herself as a candidate for Louisiana Secretary of State.
- LL.M. in Taxation candidate, Villanova University School of Law
- J.D., cum laude, Southern University Law Center
- B.S., M.S., Accounting, Liberty University
- MDiv., Professional Ministries, Liberty University Baptist Theological Seminary
- Louisiana Licensed Notary Public (19 years)
- Louisiana Licensed Title Insurance Producer (17 years)
- Former Director of Criminal Traffic Division, Baton Rouge City Court
- Former Deputy Clerk of Court, East Feliciana Parish Clerk of Court
- Former Legal Secretary, Louisiana Department of Labor
- Owned several small businesses
Family and community
- Public Servant
- Lifelong Louisiana Resident
- Native of East Feliciana Parish
- Volunteers with organizations that focus on youth development, mentoring and empowerment